TopBand: Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Beverage
From: eldridge@whistler.net (Bob Eldridge)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 15:51:38 -0800 (PST)
>... that very short RX antenna. At only a bit over 1/2 wave I dont >know if
it even qualifies as a Beverage.

Harold Beverage did not write off halfwave Wave Antennas as not qualifying.
He said "While it is possible to obtain fair directive properties with
[wave] antennas less than a half wavelength long, this length is considered
about the shortest that can be recommended".
He also said that one wavelength is the ideal length.

>.. responding to signals with a much higher arrival angle than the >TX
vertical.
Which on 160 is quite often a good thing.

Have courage Bob and keep up the good work from 4S7, especially around
1300Z.  YB0ARA/9 was like gangbusters here this morning from 1246Z to 1402Z.

73 de VE7BS