TopBand: IC 765 and receive antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: IC 765 and receive antennas
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 15:02:16 -0500
--IMA.Boundary.332208858

     Larry, N0XB wrote:

"Howdy all.

I'm in the process of accumulating the parts for my beverages for 80/160
for next season.

However, in the process, it appears that my IC765 which I dearly love,
makes no accommodation for receive antennae...am I mistaken in this?

Does anyone of you have a 765 that you are using beverages with??  If so,
please enlighten me as to how to go about this.  I have lots of room and
lots of wire...but if the radio won't allow for a receive antenna for the
beverages, I better start looking for another rig.

HELP gratefully accepted.

Larry N0XB
Northfield, MN"

Doesn't the IC-765 like the IC-751A and IC-740 have a jumper for receive in and
out above the SO-239 antenna connector?  I know the IC-738 and IC-736 don't,
but....

George          K8GG

--IMA.Boundary.332208858--