TopBand: Topband Freq. Allocations

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Topband Freq. Allocations
From: w8jitom@worldnet.att.net (Tom Rauch (W8JI))
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 1997 09:57:36 -0500
Bruce Lallathin wrote:

> You may have seen this previously, but here it is again just in case you
> overlooked it before. If you are going to suggest a 160M bandplan then you
> should be aware of this information.

<snip>

My rig has two VFO's. Since it has two VFO's, the allocations in other
countries don't bother me at all. If I want to work them, I set one VFO
to their legal frequency, and one to mine.

I do this on 20,40, 80 and 160 as a common practice. As a matter of
fact, I have less QRM and more enjoyable SSB contacts when the DX
transmits in the CW band of the USA.

With that in mind, even SSB operators (at least those who are not
skilled enough to work split) will benefit from a CW only band. It will
stop Lids from opening up on SSB on top of both CW and SSB DX stations,
and reduce unitentional eliminate SSB splatter on the DX frequencies.

The rest of the worlds allocations have nothing to do with the problem
here in the USA and Canada.

73 Tom