TopBand: A92GrumpyDog and the Black Holle

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: A92GrumpyDog and the Black Holle
From: a92gd@contesting.com (Bob Frick)
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 19:17:01 +0300
Howdy All,
   Well, I got 160M at 2251z on 06 March and closed down at 0241Z on 07
March.  I operated inititally on 1829 and then moved up to 1831/1832
depending on which EU station ran me off freq. Had a total of 58 QSO's
and not one of those was to north america. Heard VE1PZ come back to me
at 0058Z/07 March saying that there was QSB and he would come back later
but later never happened. He was about 559 into Bahrain. Guess the night
wasnt wasted since I did make a QSO with 5X4F at 2326Z. The shielded
loop which VQ9SS(N6SS-Pres) made for me really worked super. At least
for these 58 QSO's. Just curious to find out if maybe that is why I
didnt hear any NA's out there. The Slinky and my SS/GD vertical didnt
even appear to be in the same league as the shielded loop. The big
question, however, is DID ANYONE OUT THERE IN NORTH AMERICA HEAR
A92 GRUMPY DOG did my signals get sucked up by the black hole again
73'S
A92 GRUMPY DOG
BOB