TopBand: Broadcast Music Splatter

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Broadcast Music Splatter
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 19:25:04 -0500 (EST)
        While tuning around 0000 UTC, I'm hearing distinct music
that appears to be coming from a misbehaving broadcast station.  It
peaks on my 15 degree beverage which is toward Western NY and VE2/3.
It is not audible on my 50 degree Beverage but I can hear traces of
it also at 330 degrees.  I seldom use the 15 degree Beverage but was
listening to UK8LA and noticed the splatter.  It definitely sounds
like the modulated sidebands of an AM Broadcast station to me.  Anyone
up North noticed this before or have any info on it?

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV