TopBand: Not so Boring report from N6TR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Not so Boring report from N6TR
From: larrytx@co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 09:29:15 -0800 (PST)
Last night started off with a very quick and easy QSO with PJ9JT
right at sunset.  He was very strong and seemed to hear me easily.

It felt like the band might open to Europe and I did manage to
hear DJ2BW some, fairly early in the evening around 0300Z.  I
couldn't hear any other Europeans (not sure many were on at that
time) and some CQs didn't scare any up.

Saw a spot for Bernie, ZS4TX, on 1822 at 0352 and I could hear
him about 449 (right under some digital QRM).  He was trying to
work KH6CC, so I called Jack a few times, but he wasn't of
Frequency.  I have since found out that Bernie and Jack worked
last week, so Bernie has completed his 160 WAS!  Congrats.  He
still is waiting for some QSLs.

Around 0400, Bernie peaked up to a good 569 and I was 579 there,
so the pipeline isn't totally broken.

I was hopeful of working a European and completing WAC in one
night - but I never heard anything more out of Europe later on.

We keep hoping for another opening before summer.  I have worked
Europe as late as 3 April, so there is still time.

Good signals from P29VXX this morning around 1500Z on 1826.5.  They
were listening up 5 and in the JA window at the same time.

Called a VK who was 579 but he could only hear N7UA.  Guess the
summertime QRN was bad.

Why can't I ever hear SV8JE at his sunrise???  Someday!!

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com