TopBand: Asymmetric Radial System

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Asymmetric Radial System
From: mtope@iu.net (W4EF)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 11:21:19 -0000
Has anyone studied the characteristics of radial asymmetry? Right now I
have around 20 1/4 wave radials under my 160 meter "T" antenna, but because
of the geometry of my lot, most of them are concentrated in the azimuth
quadrant between ~330? and +60?. I am wondering how this would compare to
the same # of radials evenly distributed in azimuth. Could this be roughly
equivalent in terms of radiated field versus azimuth to having 80 radials
on the NNE bearings and  1 or 2  radials in the other sectors. I plan to
eventually add more wires to the conductivity challenged quadrants, but
these will have to be much shorter due to the constraints of my tiny little
homestead.

73 de Mike, W4EF

(uuencode)