TopBand: Some antenna help from you...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Some antenna help from you...
From: n5ul@wtaccess.com (Charles Shaw)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 01:24:54 -0700
Bill, At 18:20 02/17/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm cc'ing the list for other opinions and to give some others an idea of
>what I'm using and how it works.

My TX antenna is an 85' "T" wire vertical with the base at ground (very
level).  I have 4 ungrounded radials that slope up from that point at a 50
degree angle to 20 feet and are level from there.  I tuned this for
resonance at 1.830 which yielded at SWR of about 2.2:1.  I put a W2FMI type
transmission line transformer (unun) at the base which gives 1:1 for the
800+ feet of coax feeder which runs overhead (10') for 400 feet away from
the antenna.  Works great at 1500W and plays well overseas.

73, Charles

Charles W. Shaw, N5UL
Hobbs, NM
<n5ul@wtaccess.com>