TopBand: 10 rules for pi

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 10 rules for pi
From: 100112.3500@CompuServe.COM (Rolf T Salme)
Date: 16 Feb 97 07:21:46 EST
Thanks Bill, W4ZV, for the 10 rules you offered the other day on how to be
successful on 160 meters - sitting at "the other end", I can only endorse
what Bill said. Can I add a Rule # 11 of my own? It would be:

     Rule # 11: Send your full call sign, not just part of it, like "XYZ k",
expecting the DX to know that it's you. If the DX has to ask "XYZ?" - and
several times at that - you are wasting everybody's time, including your own.

Lastly, I would like to support Bill's approach that this is advice to make
everybody more successful and happy! - and not a complaint.

73 and see you in the crowds,
Rolf
XV7SW