TopBand: Home Depot Special

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Home Depot Special
From: muenzlerk@uthscsa.edu (Kevin Muenzler)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 14:19:18 -0600
On Friday, February 07, 1997 4:40 AM, Trey Garlough[SMTP:trey@cisco.com] wrote:
<snip>

>Next three projects:
<snip>

>3) Add more radials to the HD-Special if anyone can convince me
>   it will *really* make a difference

What you theoretically need to do is create a "grid" of radials
so that no two adjacent endpoints are more than one eighth wave apart.
For raised radials this will present, for all practical purposes,
a "solid" surface.  I don't know if this is really true at HF but
it seems to be true for my experiments using VHF antennas.

Kevin, WB5RUE