TopBand: VQ9SS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VQ9SS
From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, N4VJ / K4AAA)
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 10:15:06 -0500 (EST)
I was up at my contest site last night for a rare chance to actually operate
a radio not in a contest.   Up pops a spot for VQ9SS.  The last time I heard
VQ9 on 160M I spent the last 35 mins of the CQWW CW contest calling VQ9TP (I
normally dont make mistakes like that) from N4RJ's place.  He was peaking
20db over S9 on Val's shunt fed tower and S9 on a NE beverage.  I never did
work him.

Last night VQ9SS was S8 on my NE beverage (880').  What a thrill to work him
from my own station.  Gee I might become a DXer afterall....  Naaaa.

73

Bill Fisher, N4VJ & K4AAA (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com