TopBand: Re: Beverages close to vertical TX antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Beverages close to vertical TX antennas
From: n4kg@juno.com (T. A. Russell)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:39:35 EST
I have 7 unterminated Beverages, some of which run near and even under
the
elevated radials on my 80 and 160 M elevated GP's.  My patterns are not
perfect but I can tell you they hear better than the transmit antennas
most of them time.
An imperfect Beverage is better than no Beverage at all!

BTW, for 40/80 meters, 500 ft +/- 100 works very well, often better than
1000 ft, especially early in the evening/late afternoon.  On 160M 500 ft
is usually better than the transmit antenna, but 1000 ft is usually
better than 500 ft.

73, Tom - N4KG