TopBand: OX1OM- Slim?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: OX1OM- Slim?
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (AA1K Jon Zaimes)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 12:16:33 -0500 (EST)
At 10:25 AM 1/27/97 EST, you wrote:
>Dear Topbanders,
>
>My personal opinion is that someone was yanking our chain on this one.
This guy
>was 20 over 9 on a short Beverage for hours, way louder than most VEs, with the
>exception of VE1ZZ,VE9AA,VE3EJ.  He was only a little louder than those guys.
>Rob K2WI

He was loud here too Rob, and initially I too had doubts...BUT he was
peaking on the 25 degree Beverage, so at least he was from the right
direction! There was some flutter apparent on his signal, which I would
expect. AND MOST IMPORTANT I was able to break the pileup to work him for a
new multiplier (after returning to the frequency many times and QRS to about
10 wpm). Must be good!

73/Jon AA1K