TopBand: MLA 2500 improvements

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: MLA 2500 improvements
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:21:32 -0500
     For Tom, W8JI

     Dear Tom,   I notice the MLA 2500s have only a 500 pf 20KV plate
     blocking capacitor.   I also note many other amps without 160 have a
     1000 pfd plate blocking cap and many other amps with 160 have anywhere
     from 1500 to 3000 pfd plate blocking cap.

     Would padding or upsizing the plate blocking cap hurt the tuning on 80
     or 160?  I am concerned about the 200 ohms reactance from the single
     500 pf capacitor.

     Thanks your reply, direct to me @ george.guerin@kellogg.com

     I am not presently hooked to the topband server.

     George, K8GG