TopBand: no VK0IR, but nice consolation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: no VK0IR, but nice consolation
From: 104117.3104@CompuServe.COM (Robert g. Flory)
Date: 19 Jan 97 05:49:38 EST
I went over to WW2Y's station last night to get set up for the CQ 160.  For an
hour before sundown to an hour after I listened for VK0IR but never heard a
peep.  Heard some people calling, though.

The consolation was working RW9USA,UA9UFR,UA9TQ, and UW9YY(or was it RW9YY, they
are in Peter's log at his house).  I have never worked zone 18 before, although
Peter has worked R0/UR8LV.  I am curious where exactly RW9USA and UA9UFR are
located.  R0/UR8LV was right at the top of Zone 18, but I suspect that these
stations were even deeper.

Will try VK0IR again after fixing the SE Beverage.

73, Rob K2WI