TopBand: OY9JD and JX7DFA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: OY9JD and JX7DFA
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 19:31:44 EST
I received one of my regular phone calls from Jon OY9JD today. He wanted
to apologize for his inability to hear very well on 160 Sat eve.....the
QRN was peaking 30 over. He is still using his TX vertical for RX but
today we discussed Slinky Beverages, etc. He is limited to 300' Max to
North America.
I will be winding a few Beverage xfmrs for him and also sending 5 Slinkys
for him to try. If he likes them he will install 4 antennas around a
central point with a common feed...similar to what is in use here.

Jon told me that JX7DFA called him a few times that eve to compare notes
on NA propagation.  Unfortunately an Aurora hit an hour later and wiped
out 160 for both of them.  I have direct phone # for Jon and will try and
get some JX coordination setup.

73....Carl