TopBand: Best DX Night of Season

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Best DX Night of Season
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 03:09:45 -0600
  Jan 10 night/11 morning rates as the best night for propagation on 160
for this winter!  I probably missed a good sunset--things were on the
down-slope by the time that I got home from work--0045z.  I quickly worked
several new 160 calls: I2BBJ, DF9MV and I2ZFD, as well as OM2XW.  I didn't
hear the UN7 that W4ZV worked.
  At 0322z worked ZS4TX who had the strongest signal that I ever heard
from S.Af.  Later, EU6AF, UR5ECE, RZ6GC, EK6GC, YL2SM, YL2KO and numerous
other Europeans were worked, including a large number of first contacts.
  I worked a fair number of Europeans after their sunrise--If I can move
after the alarm goes off, we'll see what sunrise brings.
  73,  Bill     K0HA