TopBand: TS870 and TS570 RX mod

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TS870 and TS570 RX mod
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 18:42:44 -0500
As announced before, I have a simple mod for TS870 RX antenna switching.
The same mod should apply to TS570, electrical diagram for ANT1 and ANT2
switching is the same, connection points might not be as easy.  Needs one
diode to be soldered in.

Comment on TS870 performance in Stew Perry Test:
Using full size 1/4 wave vertical for receive, even with AIP and ATT at the
times, the weak signal reception gets wiped out by intermods from strong
stations few kHz away. DSP can't hack it. There is definitely need for decent
filters in the 2nd and 3rd IF. Also the lower end limit on CW tone is 400 Hz,
would prefer to go lower. Has anyone done those modifications?

73 and HNY
Yuri, K3BU

P.S. Those on AOL: Looks like AOL took the "liberty" of filtering sex and
junk mail for us. I read in one pub. that bunch of mail from the same source
(like Top Band and Contest Reflectors) was deleted automatically to "spare
us". I wondered why my email box got "quiet" for few days.