TopBand: TO0R

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TO0R
From: k8sm@juno.com (SCOTT A LONG)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 19:08:33 PST
I got my wish!  I hrd TO0R (peaked at 559 once with alot of deep QSB) abt
35 mins before my sunset (2217z) and abt 20 mins after, then they faded
out.  I hrd them come back to K8? then 8S?, but never my full call.
Used my G5RV at 60 ft to listen on, it worked perfect to take out the
little bit of noise that I did have. Then shortly after sunset the
stupid hetrodyne started, it is alot broader than I stated in an earlier
message.  It starts around 1825 and goes up to 1826.7, and it seems to be
loud right on TO0R, of course!  Anyone have any idea what this rascal
might be?  Its not there before sunset, maybe a street light?  I have
three within 50-75 yards of my QTH.

Is this about all of the window I'll have for Heard Island?

Nice show TO0R, even if I didn't work you!

73 es GL to all,
Scott K8SM