TopBand: 16OM WAS de 4X4NJ

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 16OM WAS de 4X4NJ
From: rikik@parker.inter.net.il (rikik@parker.inter.net.il)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 97 12:23:39 PST
After Oregon QSOs (N6TR/7 and W7GG) on December 28, have finally completed
Topband WAS.  First, my thanks to K1ZM and N7JW for helping arrange skeds,
and with everyone who cooperated by standing by - especially during the
extremely rare W7 openings. This was extremely difficult since  the path
from 4X to W7 goes through the auroral oval region for everything West of an
imaginary line from Minnesota through Texas! From 4X4, topband WAS is even
more difficult than 40 zone WAZ (since January 1994).  Would like to know of
other 160M WAS done from similarily difficult QTHs (perhaps from Eastern
Europe - not sure, or elsewhere in Asia).  Will be concentrating my activity
now to the evening Pacific openings, since don't have to look for the W7s at
sunrise.  CU all on T H E   band (there is only ONE band that qualifies as
such).  73,

Riki, 4X4NJ
E-mail: rikik@inter.net.il
Date (M/D/Y): 1/3/97        ////\\\