TopBand: TO0R on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TO0R on 160
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 18:57:11 EST
I worked them this evening at 2256 UTC. My 1st 160M QSO since April.  Had
to jury-rig a sloping vertical from the 90 foot level on the tower close
to the house and fed it against the house copper pipes for a ground.  Did
this after sunset so no chance to tune properly. Clip lead engineering at
15 deg F.   Coaxed about 450W out of the amp. They were 449 to 569 on the
Beverage.  At the same time 9X4WW was 579.

Guess its time to fix the short in my phased verticals before Heard!

73........Carl  KM1H