TopBand: Grid distances

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Grid distances
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 22:51:08 -0800 (PST)
>                  per K6EID     per TRLOG   per TWOGRIDS
>
> PM95 and DM04    8768 km       7431 km     8787.5 km
> PM95 and QK23    2508 km       2476 km     2517.3 km
> PM95 and PJ77    3141 km       3126 km     3137.9 km

> I suspect a data entry error in the TRLOG calulation for PM95-DM04.

Yup - I get 8815 km.

> In most cases the small differences between the various programs wont
> matter for scoring purposes, but right at the boundary between point
> values it WILL change the score.

True - that is why we will rescore the logs using a common yardstick.

K8CC provided numbers which were in general a little higher than mine.
Just goes to show that someone with a watch knows what time it is,
but someone with two (three or four?) is never sure.

I feel good that my numbers are in the middle at least!

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com