TopBand: Remote Beverage Switching

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Remote Beverage Switching
From: n5ul@wtaccess.com (Charles Shaw)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 12:38:29 -0800
Hello Ingo, at 11:33 12/29/96 +0200, you wrote:

>we would like to switch the Beverage antennas
>with a remote switch.

I have 4 remote RX antennas switched using only the feed line.  Power supply
is required to furnish 4 states: +12 volts, -12 volts, 12 volts AC, and off.
Two DPDT relays are at feedpoint along with a single transmission line XFMR.
The two relays require individual filter capacitors and diodes (reversed for
each relay).  For 160 RCV, I use 0.1 blocking capacitors and 1.0 mHy RF
chokes.  PC board relays and sub-miniature components work fine--but use
higher voltage diodes.  1mHy chokes are 30 turns on FT50-72 cores.  Good
luck with your project.
73, Charles

Charles W. Shaw, N5UL (ex-KB5UL)
Hobbs, NM