TopBand: 160m Beacon !

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160m Beacon !
From: wb6tza@compuall.net (wb6tza@compuall.net)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 12:33:45 -0800
At 04:17 PM 12/27/96 +0600, you wrote:
>de 4S7RPG
>
>If you guys in the states or Europe want to check condx to Asia then there
>is a third harmonic of a Thai Broadcast station on 1908kHz.  It is usually
>on till about 1400UTC and comes on again around 2200. I find it troublesome
>sometimes when working the JAs.
>
>73s
>Bob Parkes

I hear this station regularly here on the west coast. I believe it is on
until at least 1600Z as I hear it to and thru our sunrise, and I remember it
being on pretty late while listening at XZ1N.  When it is strong enuff to
hear audio, I know that condx are VERY good.

I was told by Pres N6SS/VQ9SS that this station is actually on 1908, and I
heard it very well when at XZ1N.

73 good hunting,  robin/wa6cdr/n6ll/xz1n