TopBand: Activity 12/22 - 12/23

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Activity 12/22 - 12/23
From: caruso@netcad.ENET.dec.com (K. Caruso x226-6935 23-Dec-1996 0957 -0500)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 96 10:09:40 EST

        A pretty good night last night:

        OK2RZ   2250    Not wrked
        DF2PY   0120    Huge signal, went to SSB to talk to KC1XX
        F2MA    0121    First call in a pile-up, Yes!...
        OZ7C    0125    Bummer several attempts no luck...
        0M2XW   0215    Easy
        9A2TW   0215    Not wrked. He never hears me...
        OK2RZ   0516
        IT9ZGY  0533    Huge signal gave him 579
        YL2SM   0540    339, he copied me as W01P...busted
        IV3PRK  0541    Huge signal. Not wrked
        SV2AVP  0545    339, Not wrked
        DL5WW   0549    Not wrked

        Not hearing any west coast, you guys awake out there?

        Added 500' of radials to the inverted L. Thanks everyone for your
        advice on my question of last week (go with more short than a few
        long was the unanimous choice). 7 - 67' and 1 - 33' made absolutely
        no difference to my SWR bandwith. Something is not right as I
        get two SWR minimums as I tune across the band....someone suggested
        coupling with my other band wire which is close by...

        Happy Holidays,

        Ken
        WO1N
        Caruso@kali.enet.dec.com or