TopBand: Pacific Trip

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Pacific Trip
From: goforit@worldnet.att.net (Doug)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 22:52:41 -0800
Thanks for the many messages concerning my trip and unsubscribing.
We have no specific itinerary so I don't know which, if any, Central
American countries we will visit.  If we should visit a Central American
country that is rare on 160M (are there any- I think I've worked them
all)  I could try to get an amateur radio permit and operate from the
marina pier where we are docked.  Guess that would count although several
of you have said that operating from a few feet away onboard the boat
would not count.  Perhaps, I would also have to put up a different
antenna, on land for it too count for DXCC.  Oh well, maybe I'll fish
instead.

Anyway, I will operate W0AH/MM when we are in international waters and
/XE along the Mexican coast.  Yes, I plan to get a Mexican amateur radio
permit.
Season's Greetings and 73,
Doug  W0AH   ex-W2CRS