TopBand: Arctic KL7's

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Arctic KL7's
From: kl7y@alaska.net (Dan Robbins)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 11:01:32 -0900 (AKST)
I talked to AL7O (ex-AL7BL) who is one of the ops at Prudhoe Bay in the
Alaskan Arctic.  Their 160 meter efforts have been curtailed some because
their amplifier quit working.  They still hear plenty of EU and East Coast,
but not so successful working them.  Guess you guys will have to dig a
little deeper....

I know KL7XX, Bill, and AL7R, Brent (ex-KL7KJ) are other active topband
stations from Prudhoe Bay.  There's also a couple of ops I don't know.  Most
of the Prudhoe Bay activity occurs between 04 and 07Z.

Despite good A and K numbers last night, the band was lousy here (about
1000km south of the Arctic guys).  The spots are on the way up, get your
topband KL7s while you can.

                                Dan KL7Y