TopBand: ja from illinois

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ja from illinois
From: cvanhoo@heartland.bradley.edu (Chuck Van Hoorn)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 96 09:21:30 CST

Worked my first ja of the fall from Illinois. (just made it before winter)
ja3onb was 569 for about 30 min and was worked at 1306 gmt. Heard him work a
couple of eights but did not hear any east coast calling. Ja3onb was the only
ja I heard on this morning. I thought with the sort days and low a and k index
maybe
we would have a big opening. Only heard three ja's on 80 and they were not as
strong as ja3onb. Does anyone know what he is running? He is always about the
strongest here.

Happy Holidays

Chuck
kg9n