TopBand: 160 meter opening on 12-17-96

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 meter opening on 12-17-96
From: Michauldin@aol.com (Michauldin@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 22:48:56 -0500
Season's greetings,

     This is my first opportunity to post this info.  I was listening on
Monday night-12/17, to a quiet and inactive band.  At 0247Z I heard ZS5LB
calling CQ Idaho.  For the next four hours on an otherwise sparsely populated
band I heard/worked:
     ZS5,HB9,DJ2,ZS6,G3,DK6,4X4,DJ7,HA8,IT9, OK/mm,IV3,I2,G3,AL7,and EI5.

     It was the best conditions I have heard so far this season down in south
Texas.

                                                      Happy and healthy 97,

                                                             Mike K5NU