TopBand: Computer Noise on the Radio

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Computer Noise on the Radio
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 16:56:10 -0500
     Hi Topbanders,

     I just put a rebuilt mother board and some connectors in my no name
     386 PC on the table next to my radio.

     I now get a continual trash sound S9 on 160, S6 on 80 and S3 on 40.
     The sound is a continual scheh,scheh,scheh, similar to over the
     horizon radar but smoother.  I am also getting more birdies from my
     monitor and computer than I like.  So I turn off the packet when I dig
     on the low bands!

     Any help?

     The keyboard is clean... I unplug it and nothing changes.  I am trying
     various ferrite beads and sleeves on the lines.  I may have to try
     some more on the lead to the packet board... I must try unplugging the
     DRSI board connector to the data radio as well.

     What else?

     Please reply direct to george.guerin@kellogg.com, as I am not always
     on the topband reflector,

     Tnx   Merry Christmas   George,  K8GG.