TopBand: KG4W SOLP 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: KG4W SOLP 160
From: Kg4w@aol.com (Kg4w@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 11:06:01 -0500
Category:  Single op, low power
Hours:      19
Qsos:       843
Sections:  66
Countries: 20
Score:      152,994

Lots of fun in this one, as others have stated very good
propagation to DX. Was supprised to be called by quite
a few DX stations. Also found the "window" to be
working quite well during the short periods that I stopped
by.  As usual (for me) I was horizontal during both of
my sunrises ie- sacked out at 4am sat morning & 2am
Sun am. Boy, I gotta get a 250 cycle filter for this old
TS 940 !! the scenario= I'm calling CQ & om sez QRL &
I say RRR YES RRR & he sez  CQ CQ CQ TEST.
This happened abt 4 times, but no big deal as they prob
running tight filters (mine 500) plus RX'ing on Bev aimed
west & not hearing my 120 watts. Missed  NE, YU, MT
plus lots of CAL. Also missed AK & KH6  but was fun.
Had big time RAIN Fri nite/Sat am. C ya'll in next one.
de Ed KG4Willy