TopBand: QSL From CO7EH

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: QSL From CO7EH
From: k7ox@pipeline.com (Gary D Elliott)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 13:47:42 GMT
I was amazed at the number of messages I received saying they also have not
been able to get a card from CO7EH. It is to be noted all were USA stations.
Two DX stations said no problem, just send the card via CBA and back it
came.  W8RU received a card and had the best suggestion and that is to mail
your card with SASE to Cuba from some other country! other then the USA.
The problem appears to be that the USA embargo on Cuba prevents the mail
from getting to the Cuba Ham.  It appears the mail is opened and green backs
and IRC are removed and then the card is thrown away.  I guess I have been
buying "Petro" for some mail clerk.

Any European out there that would be willing to mail my card to Cuba if I
send you the addressed mail, of course will pay the postage, just let me
know how much.  I wouldn't push this issue if it wasn't for trying to
confirm a 160 meter QSO.  It's very hard for us "Left Coasters" to make DXCC
on this band so every QSO counts.

73 Gary K7OX

k7ox@pipeline.com