TopBand: Re: Fwd: 160 M DX window

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Fwd: 160 M DX window
From: dave@mathworks.com (Dave Pascoe)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 08:34:17 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Bruce (AA8U) wrote:

> It is obvious to me from the above remarks that "this crowd" will continue
> to abuse the "DX window" just as they have in the past. It is also clear to
> me they feel they are doing nothing wrong in operating the way they do.
>
> I am certain that it will be useless to try to apply peer pressure as they
> don't have any "peers" that disagree with them (by definition).
>
> If it is ok for this clique to abuse the "DX window", then I should think
> it would be acceptable for others to join them. Maybe then it won't be so
> much of an advantage, i.e. having a clear freq to work DX at the expense of
> the rest of us, those in the "non-peer group".
>
> It looks like this issue will soon die on the vine as the "DX window"
> concept will not survive as intended and will become a fond memory soon.
>
> If you think this is my "rant" in life you are wrong. I could really give a
> "s**t", but I thought I would entertain my self with this subject this
> month.....get a life!

Bruce (and others)-

It's generally considered impolite and an invasion of privacy to post
private email on a mail reflector or anywhere else on the Internet.  I'm
actually shocked that you did this.

And as to entertaining yourself this month, I've seen this stuff from you
in magazines before.  Your opinions are well known.  I think for now we'll
have to agree to disagree on the matter, at least as it applies to CQWW.

73

Dave Pascoe    dave@mathworks.com   http://www.mathworks.com
KM3T           508-647-7362         FAX: 508-647-7002