TopBand: SOUTHERN Auroral map?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: SOUTHERN Auroral map?
From: GRJOHNSON@VAX1.BEMIDJI.MSUS.EDU (GLENN R. JOHNSON, M.D.)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 20:50:06 -0600 (CST)
As one of the low band operators going to Heard, I'm very
interested in the position of the SOUTHERN Auroral Oval.

http://holly.cc.uleth.ca/solar/www/aurora.html     shows a VERY
nice hourly update on the NORTHERN Auroral Oval.....

Does anyone know where I can find the SOUTHERN Auroral Oval
depicted?

We will be near the edge of it....and if it varies as much as the
northern auroral oval varies, it could mean a good day (really
"night") on the low bands, or a bad day, if the oval extends over
us.

This might be something to check when planning to work us!

Also, right NOW is about the sunrise/sunset times at YOUR QTH when
you will be working us (I hope!) on 160!  Better start planning a
later start at the office and leaving a little early in the
afternoon with the Heard Headache!

73!

Glenn W0GJ

Glenn R. Johnson, M.D.        email:      grjohnson@vax1.bemidji.msus.edu