TopBand: Two Wire Beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Two Wire Beverages
From: n0dh@comtch.iea.com (Dave / N7EX)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 08:50:13 -0800
Frank Donovan wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> Most of my Beverages are 580 feet long and eight feet high (They would
> have even lower sidelobes and better f/b ratio if they were 4 to 6 feet
> high but we have a large deer population that would create frequent
> Beverage maintenance problems if they were below antler level.  Even as it
> is they get tangled up in the sloping feed and termination ends!

Frank

I run almost identical beverages here. To solve the "deer walking into
the slopping ends" problem I taped a couple of those white plastic
grocercy sacks to each slopping wire at "deer eye" level. Before I did
that they used to tear down a Beverage every two weeks, after installing
the bags I've had zero problems. Now if I could just figure out how to
make the darn antenna ice storm resistant (teflon covered wire???).

--
Dave Henderson
N7EX ( EX....N0DH that is!)

"The bad news....Life is hard"
"The good news...Life is short"
"The Moral...Eat Dessert first, chase DX and Contest often"