TopBand: XZ1N...!!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: XZ1N...!!
From: vk3ew@rint.com.au (David McAulay)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 01:08:38 +1100
Me a Dxer on 160mx.???

I never thought so 1 year ago.. but this bug called topband DX caught me,
like most BUT....    Im not a very good cw operator, otherwise you would
hear me all the time, im more of a SSB op.

But how could I refuse a strength 9 +20db CQ from XZ1N at 1327utc today
25th of Nov.??

I just could not belive the Magic.!! of the Magic Band.

At the time of writing this he is still Cqing qsx up 2.

And talk about me Cheating.........Nah..!!

Can you believe me when I say that, while still "excited" of what I had just
done, I was tuning on 40mx ssb, and ran by Rich, AB6ZV who was CQing
on SSB from XZ1N for North America, and not having much luck.

I Listened very carefully as not to QRM a QSO, No QSO's were taking place
because of the heavy Broadcast station qrm, so I called to say Hello
in the disscussion I asked if a message could be passed to the 160 Man
PLEASE.!!!   Was he just on and still is CQing on Topband.??

Or Did I work a Slim.?

Rich asked why, my reply was It just couldn't be XZ1N because he's 20 over.

He said hang on I'll go ask.

(talk about a on-the-spot confirmation)

He Dave, yes Rich.   He says YES YOUR IN THE LOG.!! OK.???

OK OK OK

Magic from the Magic Band.

TopBand.

73 And Gud Luck To All.

Sincerley

David VK3EW.

Australian LOW BAND DXer'

David J.McAulay VK3EW.      Email...    vk3ew@rint.com.au
Po Box 54                   Packet..    vk3ew@vk3ksd.#mel.vic.aus.oc
Cranbourne 3977
Victoria Australia      Tel.(Mobile only)  018-335850.