TopBand: N0ISE?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: N0ISE?
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 10:43:08 -0800 (PST)
 Gee, I was listening to the band this morning and heard some kind
 of fishing net on 1825.5 IDing with the obviously bogus callsign of
 NOISE (yes, that is an O, not a zero).  If it was indeed N0ISE,
 then if someone knows him, they might inform him on how to send
 the 0 (W4ZV has lots of experience).

 I called the station on about 1827.6 and he came back and gave me
 a 559 report.  He also worked several, or maybe only a couple of
 W6 stations before me (N6FF who he may have logged as N6NF and W6AJJ).

 I couldn't hear him on my phased verticals, but my 2 element wire
 20 meter quad left over from Field Day seemed to work okay.  The
 station was initially inaudible when I started listening around
 1440, but had built considerably when I worked them (around 1515 I
 think it was).

 At that point, I turned off the radio and took a shower.

 Oh, after I worked NOISE, he had the nerve to sign XZ1N.  Some people...

 Tree N6TR
 n7trNOT@jzap.com