TopBand: DX HOGS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: DX HOGS
From: ni6t@scruznet.com (Garry Shapiro)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 20:38:40 -0800
dave.sharred@sagem.co.uk wrote:

> Guys; why don't you just stand by; let the ones who are more likely to
> need it fer a new one try first; rather than joining in to see who can bust
> the pile up first all the time!
>
> No doubt you will have to work 'em again at the weekend; to "give 'em a
> point"
>
> Or am I just jealous 'cos I didn't work 'em ?
>
> Dave; G3NKC

Dave:

You just do not understand, nor did I when I first encountered this
behavior on 20 and 40 meters. But an OT took me aside and patiently
explained it to me:

Those big signals that are in there every time the DX guys show (TNX UR
1 S UNIT LOUDER THAN YESTERDAY) belong to guys who believe in their
hearts that--if they do not work everything they hear, every time they
hear it--they will DIE!
--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Editor, The DXer