TopBand: XZ1N and Top Band Propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: XZ1N and Top Band Propagation
From: danmec@inet.uni-c.dk (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:54:52 -0800
> Ny contacts with and reception of XZ1N so far (on 40M and 30M)
> have been at the times and in the direction expected for that part
> of the world in November :  SW (skewed) path from N.C. at our
> sun rise and SE long path from N.C. at our sunset. I have a hunch
> these may be the best (and only?) times for 80M and 160M fot the
> U.S. East coast. Anyone agree? Disagree?

They have been readable here on 160 in the evenings, calling CQ but few
QSO's when I listened. Assume they have plenty of local noise.
Have not even bothered to call as my Alpha 89 died and barefoot will just
not do it.

Very good sigs on 40 as can be expected, working USA like crazy  and MOST
 EU stations manage to be patient when they say NA !  Hi.

73  Rag  OZ8RO