TopBand: shunt-fed 4-square arrays?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: shunt-fed 4-square arrays?
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 14:07:35 -0600
Hi Jon,
  Similar, but different--for my 4 element parasitic vertical on 160,
the driven element is a shunt-fed tower.  [The elements are not in
a square physical arrangement--3 elements are in-line to Europe/
South Pacific.  D.E. & other parasitic are inline to West Asia/
South America.]  My 7 element 80 meter parasitic vertical array has
two parasitic elements which are wires parallel to a grounded tower.
The only problems that I've had with these type of elements are the
increased time involved in tuning them.
  For a 4-square array I would be concerned about proper power
division between elements and being sure that you're not creating
unwanted parasitic elements.
  Back to pounding in posts through the snow and putting up new
beverage antennas...

73,  Bill     K0HA

electrically identical (due to mutual coupling)?  ******]