TopBand: Last night on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Last night on 160
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 13:37:57 -0800 (PST)
Well, W7GG (the ham previously known as AI7B) has proven you can work
Europe from Oregon with 100 watts!  He inspired me to try and got
an SM.

Most frustrating thing last night was UA2BD who would rise above
the noise for 20 seconds at a time every 5 minutes, but there
was no way to get through the east coast this time.  Many west
coast stations were calling, but nobody gave him a heads up
(that I heard).  He was coming in for a good 30 minutes here
until he disappeared around 0500.

G4VFU/MM had a good signal.  Guess he is on a movable drilling
platform off the coast of Scotland or something like that.  The
only signal without lots of QSB was R1FJZ/fjl.

Well, at least Europe has been workable for three nights in a row now.
Shall we make it four?

73 Tree N6TR/7
tree@contesting.com
Boring, Oregon