TopBand: condx last night & mla2500 query (cy0aa note)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: condx last night & mla2500 query (cy0aa note)
From: wynder@brunswickmicro.nb.ca (Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith-Wynder Photo)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 16:28:32 -0400
Condx not too shabby from NB last night here @ ve9aa.
Heard on4un at s9++, others like dj7aa etc were in pretty good.
No copy on a61ad. Listened for 4 nights with no luck.  Was out
last night for about 1 hour, and evidentally missed another chance.
Had a partial with kh6at,(bad qrn and was another ops
 frequency anyway.-w7gg .(w7gg was really loud !-whats his old call?)
Heard al7mx weakly but had bad rain and wind + a new source of line
noise so I was sunk from the start, hi!

Anyone have specifics for squeaking 400+ more watts out of the
mla2500?  I get 1.5K on 20m, and lucky to get 750/800w on TOP.

I would sacrifice 500w on 20m if I could trade it for those watts out on
TOP BAND.

I also have some .jpegs of the BattleCreek Special setup on Sable
@ cy0aa if anyone is interested.  CY0AA cards are starting to dribble
out as we speak. (the HF ones anyway. I haven't received my stock yet
for 6m cards and the odd HF card that I got.)

Have fun ! and CU on TOP (or 6m, the magic band)

-MIKE, ve9aa (ex-cy0aa)
Michael & Coreen Smith (AA Antennas & Wynder Photography)
271 Smith Rd, Waterville,
Sunbury Co.,NB, Canada
E2V 2G3

6M Vhf buffs;