TopBand: topband

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: topband
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 08:49:04 -0500 (EST)
Someone on the Topband Reflector helped me with this problem before, but
I've lost my notes and in reconfiguring the computer some weeks back the
Eudora files were reverted to their original.

The problem is that messages to some destinations -- notably the contest
reflector -- get bounced and this error is noted:

To: <topband@contesting.com>
I:554 Improper message format, missing Date: line, see RFC822, Page 17
Remote did not give 250 OK to message text

The fix I was given once before was to add a Date line to the Eudora setup
file, but when I tried from memory to recreate this it didn't work.
Apparently I'm not using the correct syntax or am putting it in the wrong place.

Can anyone help with the info on this? tnx es 73/Jon AA1K