TopBand: Beverage preamps?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Beverage preamps?
From: ke1fo@contesting.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:35:09 +0000
I may be putting up a beverage soon, and I'm wondering what your
thoughts are on preamps.  Are they necessary?  What are the sources?
What are the pros and cons of using/not using?  I will most likley
install a single wire beverage for Europe, and possibly one for the
west, both being fed at one point about 100 feet from the shack.

Please reply direct and I'll summarize for the reflector.

Thanks.
--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    mailto:ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
Check out my web page, http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber for summaries