TopBand: West coast to Europe

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: West coast to Europe
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:43:42 -0700 (PDT)
My previous message didn't make it.  On Wednesday UTC time a fair opening
to Europe was found.  Not many west coast stations were on for it (maybe
just me and N7JW in Utah).  I worked five stations having some success CQing.

Last night (Thursday UTC), I "worked" DJ7AA and heard a couple of other
signals - but no other QSOs.  Still lots of QSB so it takes several
tries to get RSTs exchanged.  Just keep trying.

Band has been noisy due to rain.  DJ7AA continues to be the biggest
consistent signal I am hearing.  Nothing heard from 4X4NJ, HA0HW
or the LZ which were spotted last night.  All of these are new ones
(also SV).

Didn't hear any activity this morning around 1330 to 1400 UTC.

73 Tree N?TR
tree@contesting.com