TopBand: 160 Sunset Magic II

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 Sunset Magic II
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 19:42:15 -0500
I turned the radio on at 2341Z 13 Oct 96 not expecting much.  Tuned
down from 1835 kHz and heard nothing.  Tuned up to 1837 and heard a
strong station ("must be a local").  Then I heard an ID:  SV2BOH!
Time to turn the amp on!  He peaked in strength at 2344Z (589!)
(2351Z sunset).  When I worked him at 2349 he was down to 569.
He must have left around 0000 as I didn't hear him or callers after that.

I heard the east coast call G3SED around the same time, but didn't
hear Mike's normally strong signal.  Must be 160 ducting(?)!

73,  Bill    K0HA             K     K0
                              K     0 0
                              K     H  0
                              K     A   0