TopBand: greyline

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: greyline
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 20:56:32 -0500
At 10:23 PM 10/6/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Both sides of the greyline opened at the same time last night.  I worked
>ZL2SQ at 0624z and F6BKI at 0627z.  Also heard G3RZP, but did not work him.
>Hope the band stays quiet.
>
>Mike   KC7V

Lots of greyline yesterday & today:

Super sunset opening to Europe yesterday!  Lots of strong stations worked.
If not for 1:00+ am in Europe & the unusual early October opening things
could have approached last year's CQ WW test...

Greyline to UA0XFY yesterday and RK9YWK today...

African sunrise contact with ZS4TX...

The mentioned European sunrise/New Zealand sunset opening...

A December-like JA opening this morning with a run of contacts until
20 minutes after sunrise.

Another good sunset opening to Europe tonight:  ZB2FK had a good signal
right at sunset.  Franz Joseph Land was still strong a bit latter...

The 96/97 season is now a week old for me as I just got back on after
my annual summer vacation from HF (& MF).  I hope that this signals
a trend...

73,
   Bill   K0HA