TopBand: Antenna coupling

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Antenna coupling
From: kaufmann@ll.mit.edu (John Kaufmann)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 96 09:54:45 -0400
>Thanks to John who wrote about antenna coupling:
>
>>The other case
>>is for vertical arrays in which the radiation resistance of individual
>>elements can drop well below 36 ohms.  For 2 quarter-wave verticals spaced
>>by a quarter wave and phased 90 degrees, one of the elements has a radiation
>>resistance around 20 ohms.  I use an eighth-wave spaced array in which
>>the resistance of one of the elements drops under 10 ohms.
>
>If anyone could inform where to find more information about antenna coupling
>and impedance changes it would help us much in planning of feed systems of
>our phased arrays.
>
>73 to all !
>
>Mika
>
>OH8LAE

There is a lot of useful information in ON4UN's Low Band DXing book in the
chapter on phased vertical arrays.  Also, I recommend K2BT's series of
rather technical articles on phased arrays which appeared in Ham Radio
Magazine around 1983-84.  He covers the subject of mutual coupling and
impedance effects very thoroughly.

73, John W1FV