TopBand: RE: Belau on 160?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: RE: Belau on 160?
From: dl3kdv@distel.robin.de (Dieter Voss)
Date: 25 Sep 1996 12:18:00 +0100
Hello Coy,

what a great news. 27 is one of my last 3 missing zones.
Some weeks ago we used from the Comores an Inv. L, 15m high vertical
section and the horizontal wire in a palm tree. The vertical section was
made of 1,2 m long aluminium tubing and a 10m fishing pole on top. As
ground we had 8 20m long radials and 2 40m long direct at the seaside.
Last week of our trip we installed an inv. Vee. At the feedpoint about
18m high, slooping at the ends down to 3 meters. I guess the best signals
produced were with this antenna, but that may had been in case of
propagation. One very difficult thing is the QRN we had to fight with, so
if possible install a beverage.

73s Dieter

## CrossPoint v3.1 ##