TopBand: EM1KA QSLs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: EM1KA QSLs
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 21:26:06 -0700 (PDT)
So, my current EM1KA QSL might be bad?  Some part of my brain is also
telling me Romeo's old call was UB5KW?  He signed my UA1OT QSL from
10 years ago.

Speaking of Romeo...  in my last shipment of QSLs from the W6 bureau,
I received an interesting QSL card.  It is for a QSO I never had on
December 28th at 0449 (you might remember that was a GREAT night with
about 28 Europeans worked).

The callsign is P5/R0MEO and has the following info:

"TNX QSL & GREENSTAMPS"

"NORTH KOREA... its anywhere you want it to be."

"QSL DIRECT ONLY!"

It is a white card with a colorful map of Asia in the background and
about a dozen stars with "QTH" by each one.  None of them appear in
Korea.

The card is printed by WX9X "Pirate QSL - Limited Edition" and they
have a skull and crossbones for thier logo.  Finally, the address:

ROMEO STUFFURBUCKO
Box P7RS5
North Korea, Europe, Asia, Mid East.

By the way, my antenna works good to Korea!  I got a 599.  Gee, and
it was probably light out at 0449Z.

73 Tree N?TR
tree@contesting.com

PS: Don't get all excited about this card.  It was signed: "73- T"
which made it obvious where the source was.  Anyone else ever seen
this card?  Maybe it is a collector's item.